Thursday, October 8, 2009

Proud to be Indians

One my English friend came to India for the first time,and after his stay for about 7 days,he happened to meet me and I asked him about how he liked our country.He replied that he liked the country,it's rich cultural heritage,the festivals,the food etc etc...I was very happy and excited and then I asked him to tell his views about the Indians.He thought for a while and replied,he never met an Indian so far...I was shocked and amazed and asked him"How come u say that u never met any Indian in the past 7 days of ur stay ?"He then replied,"Yes.....annnn I met a Punjabi,a Bengali,a Tamilian,an Assamese,a Gujarati,but never met an Indian........will tell u the moment I meet one." I was really ashamed of the thought that we live in a country that is called "UNITY IN DIVERSITY",but my dear friends now there's only diversity and no unity is left...Lets come out of this regionalism,lets not be ashaned to be Indians,lets start calling ourselves Indians...............JAI HIND......

1 comment:

  1. u are talking abt a topic here that i have spoken and written abt to no length...coz i stay in a city where i am scared to take my care out due to HR registration near elections coz i will be judged by the Car number being from haryana (north) rather than be being an indian...it hurts when we give more emphasis to the prefix to "indian" in words like - south indian, norht indian, etc...what we all shamefully forget is the larger word called INDIAN...i am so glad there are ppl like me around (i see tht in u) who feel the way i do...hope more ppl felt and some ppl in power as well to do something and bring in a change !!!

    ReplyDelete